Senior Support Worker
Hours: Day and night shifts of 07:30 – 20:00 & 19:30 – 08:00
Salary Details: £11.54 per hour
Oakwood House is a supported living community service in the heart of Stoke-on-Trent city. We support adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders to transition from mental health hospitals into a community setting.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Support Worker on a full-time basis. Our Senior Support Workers are essential for creating a strong foundation for us to develop a professional, safe and comfortable environment, delivering the highest quality, person centred care.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills along with the ability to provide direct, individual care and support as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will act as a key member of the team, supporting each individual in achievement of their planned outcomes.
You will have the confidence to successfully lead others and demonstrate a positive and motivating attitude at all times, have the ability to deal with difficult/crisis situations with a high level of professionalism and in return you will be valued and encouraged to develop your skills further through our commitment to training and support.
Benefits of working for us:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training & Development – CareTech offers many solutions to building a successful career in the social care sector through the use of extensive training and development with the possibilities to earn care certificates along with many other certifications.
- Paid for training – you will be compensated for your induction period and all the training you receive during that time as well.
- Paid DBS
- Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Care recognition awards
- Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience in a care setting
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience working with young people and/or adults with Learning disabilities, Autism and mental health problems
Who we are:
Our aim is for our tenants to have every opportunity to enjoy the benefits of community living whilst providing a high quality safe and secure environment. This is achieved by providing support that is individually tailored to their needs and that is underpinned by holistic support plans and detailed risk assessments. We understand that improvements can take time and we utilise graded plans to enable small steps to be made towards greater independence. This includes positive risk taking where appropriate.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £11.54 per hour
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, ST4 1EZ