Are you an experienced and forward-thinking Structural Engineer, looking to take the next step in your career?
Do you want to work collaboratively as part of a thriving, growing, multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Pick Everard are looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer in Glasgow, to work as part of our flourishing team.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will work collaboratively across sectors to include, Defence, Heritage, Refurbishment of Commercial & Retail, Residential, Leisure and Local Authority, bringing impressive levels of structural design experience and expertise.
- Prepares designs and reports
- Manages structural team members on a day-to-day basis as required
- Co-ordinates work with Civil Engineering team as required
- Liaises directly with Clients
- Monitors internal performance in terms of time and costs
- Control of day-to-day programming and planning
- Ensures projects are delivered on time
- Responsible for ensuring that they (and where appropriate their team) understand and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices, and procedures
- Day-to-day use of Tekla and SCIA software (full training provided)
You can expect to become part of a forward-thinking team, where your voice and ideas are heard, along with genuine scope for career development and progression. As we have adopted hybrid working, this role will be a mix of office, home and site work.
Pick Everard are proud to value individuals and be able to offer comprehensive benefits, including support, training and career development opportunities.
Interested to hear more?
If you want to work with us, apply today!
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering exceptional designs and be driven to succeed on a diverse range of projects.
- CEng or MICE
- Experience in a similar role
- Good verbal communication – able to discuss work, coach and supervise employees
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage time with multiple tasks
- Undertaking relevant CPD activities
- High level broad-based technical appreciation
- Understanding of forms of appointment and construction contracts
- Ability to use various computer software programmes relevant to role
- Excellent client communication skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.