*£3000 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Spark of Genius is one of Scotland’s largest residential child care providers. For over 25 years, we have been delivering high quality care to young people who need to be looked after. Spark of Genius is also part of the UK-wide CareTech family who are committed to providing each child with opportunities to have their individual needs met.
About the Service
Our service provides a warm and welcoming home for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 years old. The service also works alongside King Edwin School by providing opportunities for young people to receive a consistent and meaningful care and education package. The house is set in a village not far from the town centre and can support a maximum of five young people.
In your new role
You will manage the residential house effectively and efficiently, ensuring the effective delivery of the main responsibilities and key result areas identified within the role of Residential Manager, you will participate in an on-call rota to ensure effective management across services on a 24/7 basis. This is also a chance to make a difference to outcomes for young people! Our mission is to make Every Second Count, to help us succeed you will:
Hold Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young people that you may come into contact with.
Work in accordance with Spark of Genius North East vision and aims.
Ensure staff team are supported and supervised on a 24/7 basis which should include observation of practice across shifts.
Manage and monitor staffing costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the children’s needs and are in line with allocated budgets.
Ensure the house is ready at all times, gaining and retaining good/excellent grades across the board as identified during internal inspection procedures, external inspection procedures (eg Ofsted) and other governing bodies.
Develop and make known to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns of behaviour.
Take a lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
Ensure effective delivery of individual care planning requirements for children and young people.
Complete the administration of financial, payroll and staffing related matters in the house within the prescribed time scales.
Complete Ofsted Induction Standards within 24 weeks of employment.
Work in partnership with families, local authorities and external agencies.
Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required, to ensure the life chance Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
Safeguard and protect the health and well being of children & young people.
You will ideally have:
- QCF 3 in Children and young people’s workforce (children’s social care pathway) or equivalent.
- Educated to OFQUAL Standard. (Can be evidenced in other professional training) or ability to demonstrate competency at this level.
- Commitment to register for QCF 5 within 6 months of employment
- Commitment to start Ofsted Induction standards and complete within 24 weeks of employment.
- Commitment to work towards TCI/Team Teach/Calms completion within 3 months
- Full UK driving licence.
- Evidence of undertaking a supervisory role in relation to staff within a residential environment.
- Wide knowledge of the behaviours displayed by children and young people and an understanding of a myriad of intervention strategies.
- Working Knowledge of legislation in relation to child care including National Minimum Standards, Children Act 1989 Guidance and Regulations Volume 5 Childrens Home.
As part of this role, we offer a range of specialist training programmes to support you in your work and invest in your professional development. These include:
- Fully Paid induction programme
- Every Second Counts: bespoke training on the role of a residential childcare worker
- Therapeutic crisis intervention training to assist young people in regulating their emotions when they are in crisis.
- Child protection training
- Relax kids training
- Attachment and trauma training
- Full suite of e-learning modules available that provide continuous knowledge and development.
In support and recognition of our colleagues who will help us de
Location: Stockton-On-Tees, TS21 3JN