Contract type: Full time, 39 weeks per year, 40 hours per week (Term time only)
The Cambian Group is one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children and adults in the UK. We are currently looking for staff to join our dedicated team that match our ethos of believing that every child or young person has the ability to achieve their personal best.
Tyldesley School has a proud and successful tradition of supporting students between the ages of 11-19 who have social, emotional mental health and Complex Needs to gain valuable life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their onward journey towards independence. The Head of Tyldesley School and her team recognise this success and want to offer this opportunity to a wider range of young people as part the ongoing developments that are taking place across all areas of within the school.
We offer a bespoke curriculum to our students and currently require an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team.
Successful Teaching Assistant’s will be a part of a large supportive team who work across Education, Care and Therapeutic services supporting each other’s practice to develop specialist services to those with additional and complex care needs including: Autism, ADHD, ODD and complex SEMH needs. This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to work alongside well-trained, qualified professionals across our multidisciplinary team and to join an expanding successful organisation.
The main focus of this role will be to:
· Support students to focus and make progress in lessons
· Assist the teacher/tutor in the preparation of work
· Support students during school based and community based learning
· Ensure students make progress in formal learning situations as well as with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding
· Full induction training is given, you’ll also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
· A Teaching assistant qualification (desirable but not essential)
· Knowledge of autism and/ or Special educational needs
· Well-developed organisation and communication skills
· Ability to work flexibly in relation to tasks undertaken
· Good team player
Experience is not essential, we will give you all the training and support necessary. Full induction training is given. You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our young people you will be learning all the time through our ongoing mentoring and support.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Tyldesley – Teaching Assistant [SYS-3767]