Are you looking to expand your skill set as part of a national, diverse, and growing practice?
Do you want to be a part of a business that values individuals, and nurtures talent, with a fast-track for career development?
Pick Everard’s thriving Structural Engineering team in central Glasgow are expanding and looking to appoint a dynamic, dedicated, and ambitious Structural Engineer.
The team are passionate about creating and delivering innovative designs, and work as part of a collaborative and open minded multi-disciplinary construction consultancy.
As a Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design and management of a diverse range of projects across sectors to include healthcare, education, commercial, custodial and residential. You will deliver technical and commercial structural solutions, developing a design brief from internal and external clients/ project managers.
- Preparing supporting calculations and preparation of drawings for a wide range of commissions in all usual materials and structural forms
- Assisting with day-to-day commercial management of structural engineering commissions
- Act as a point of contact for queries/informal structural engineering advice to others both from within and beyond the Practice
- Responsible for ensuring that they (and where appropriate their team) understand and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices and procedures
By joining Pick Everard, you can expect support towards chartership, development opportunities and clear route to progression. Our Glasgow office is centrally located and accessible via public transport and as we have adopted an agile working approach, the role will be a mix of home, office and site work.
As a Structural Engineer you will be passionate about designing sustainable buildings, working within a forward thinking multi-disciplinary practice and be enthused by working across varying sectors within the built environment.
- Minimum of BSc or BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering (2.2 min.), MSc or MEng preferred
- Approaching Incorporated/Chartered membership of ICE or IStructE is desirable
- Experience relevant to UK practice, of which at least partly spent within a design office
- Knowledge of UK design standards, codes of practice and methods of construction
- Familiarity with structural engineering modelling, analysis and design software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Team player
If you have the relevant skills and experience, apply today!
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.