Salary: Attractive salary plus great benefits
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Where no two days are the same? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
Not only does this role offer a rewarding career, it also has a clear path for progression and career development- which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a be a better place to live for the next generation.
The position of Process Development Engineer sits within our growing Central Engineering division, undertaking often complex and challenging projects across process optimisation and turnkey solutions for our +70 processing facilities within the UK.
These are exciting times in the world of recycling. Traditional markets are changing with the growth of electrification, greener energy such as wind turbines and solar panels. New materials such as rare earth magnets, lithium batteries and composites are becoming more prevalent. There is the ongoing global need to reduce energy consumption, emissions and landfill waste whilst we, as a company, strive to 100% recycle all end of life products we receive. New technologies such as robots, visual recognition, colour and XRT/XRF sensing are being used to sort, separate and refine the materials that we sell.
As a Process Development Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Process definition and material characterisation
- Selection of suppliers / partners / equipment
- Budget control
- Detailed planning and coordination of development work
- Monitoring and logging technology enhancements / process capability
- Pilot facility construction & demonstration
- Investigate new technologies – build up EMR library and knowledge
- Support process definition / tendering
- Support site process development, de-snagging and handover
You will drive forward the way our existing processes operate by identifying new opportunities to improve,
You will be designing, supervising, analysing and reporting on process development trials.
You will be managing the gathering, interpretation and presentation of data to provide the basis of decision making and process development.
You will be developing trialled concepts into process flow diagrams and mass balances with preliminary financial evaluations
You have a successful career leading complex Capex projects, ideally within recycling or other heavy industries such as mining, quarrying or other mineral processing.
You are qualified as an engineer to degree level, with a broad understanding of engineering principles; mechanical, electrical and control.
You will also possess:
- Demonstrable track record of delivering real world projects across process improvement, new processes and turnkey plants
- Statistical and data driven approach
- Knowledge of material handling and separation processes
- Coordination of people and processes to achieve new and improved solutions
- Desire to embed world case processes and experience into a rapidly growing business
- Experience of coaching and mentoring others to grow the central engineering team, particularly as we invest heavily in our apprentice and graduate schemes to grow a future engineering team
- A desire to grow in an organisation where you will be exposed to new technologies, interact with suppliers, contractors, consultants and experience very diverse day to day business opportunities linked to global recycling needs
Your interest and experience in continuous improvement methodologies from your industry will give you the desire to adapt your practices at EMR, never-ending to strive for perfection in everything you do.
Hours per week: 40