Salary: £11.55 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Porter to help ensure the smooth running of operations at Chartwells on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Porter, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of customer care and cleanliness. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Please note: This role is contracted to 40 weeks per year
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in keeping the lobby and other public areas clean and tidy
- Helping housekeeping, restaurant and banqueting staff to set up rooms or move furniture
- Handling certain reception duties, such as booking theatre tickets or making restaurant reservations
- Responding to customer requests where required
- Running errands
- Ensuring the safety of customers by, for instance, placing and removing signage that indicates wet floors or paints
Our ideal Porter will:
- Be adaptable and easily embrace changing priorities
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have experience delivering high quality customer care
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/2012/S10301/52537438/BU #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.