Salary: Up to £26,300
Shift hours: Permanent
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious Independent Schools Contract in North London. We pride ourselves on producing absolutely everything on site and offering our clients creative, innovating and cutting edge menus.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the Catering Manager and Executive Chef.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Development and delivery of all food items – breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, staff lunch and event menus
- Report any food safety/health and safety issues to management immediately
- Minimizing and recording of all food wastage
- Assisting Head Chef with menu and product costing
- Working with KP/ G.A to maintain high standards of cleanliness in the kitchen
- Working with senior management to deliver “an exceptional bespoke experience”
- Responsible for production of all bread, pastry, baked products and sweet products
- Responsible for creation and updating of all recipes for pastry section
- High standards and be quality driven
- Creative and passionate about pastry/bakery work
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Proven track record with stock management, H&S and food safety.
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills