Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Would you like to join the number 1 metal recycler in the UK? Are you looking for a sustainable career? Become a net zero hero!
Not only does this role offer a rewarding career, it also has a clear path for progression and career development – which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040, truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
Due to expansion within the team, we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator based at our Head Office in Warrington, Cheshire.
This role can be very challenging and diverse. At the same time, it is rewarding and offers a career with many opportunities for professional development and, in time, progression into a senior position.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for the planning and supervision of both domestic and export traffic from our UK depots, and you will be involved in all stages of the process, from sale to payment.
Since the role is both pivotal and highly responsible within the business and involves liaising with numerous internal and external stakeholders and meeting tight deadlines, your focus will be on keeping everyone within the supply chain informed using strong and concise communication methods, and on delivering results and staying positive while under pressure.
This role will definitely keep you entertained. While getting involved in the following tasks, no two days will be the same!
- Providing support ensuring the efficient running of a busy shipping and freight department
- Acting as the first point of contact for our depot staff and freight suppliers and building strong professional relationships
- Planning and placing large volume container and truck bookings
- Coordinating issuance of shipping documentation and customs clearance declarations
- Ensuring timely and cost efficient fulfilment of sales contracts and that all shipping requirements are met
- Solving problems and dealing with all day-to-day operational issues including getting updates on late running vehicles and monitoring loading progress
- Issuing daily and weekly reports
- Learning all elements of the shipping and freight function including negotiation of freight rates for large volume bookings, with a view of career progression within two years
If you’re highly motivated with an inquisitive and can-do attitude and you have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in your career, then this role will be perfect for you. A background of working in a fast-paced environment, especially within logistics or shipping, and/or a graduate degree, will come in handy, too.
Hours per week: 40