Salary: £26,400 (DOE)
Shift hours: Permanent
40 hours per week with the working pattern being between 08:00-16:30 and 5 days out of 7 per week (alternating weekends)
Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead and develop a new Housekeeping team and assist with the reopening of the Goodenough Hotel – London, following a major refurbishment.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, you will play a vital role in ensuring the housekeeping operation is kept to our highest standard.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a vision to enhance the customer experience and reputation of ESS by effective management and supervision of the cleaning team, equipment and resources ensuring the cleaning operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedure
The role will include supporting the contact manager in the overall operational management of the Hotel and to also support the Goodenough College contract to ensure an excellent standard of service that delivers contractual key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- To be the regular day to day client contact and maintain basic reports
- To ensure 5 start cleaning standards are delivered everyday
- To manage stock control of all items within the roles remit (linen and consumables)
- To train and develop the team in all tasks
- To promote a safety culture and ensure the team are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To ensure the delivery and quality of the operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company procedures as well as KPI’s
- Recruit, train and develop the team to ensure they have the required skills to do their jobs safely and well whilst ensuring the Team are engaged and managed effectively to achieve their performance targets.
- To manage the labour, equipment & resources budget
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Excellent people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of carrying out monitoring of quality standards / audits
- IT literate
- Passion for training and leading a team
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending meetings
- Able to navigate an old building, with no lift on a daily basis (5 Floors)