Salary: £22500 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Head Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for Chartwells on a full time basis, contracted to 36 hours per week.
As a Head Chef, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying for a Head Chef position with Compass Group UK&I.
Please note: This role is contracted to 44 weeks per year
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Ordering food, looking after stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Managing budgets and successfully meeting financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Head Chef will:
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have experience in a similar Head Chef role
- Strive for excellence in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK.
Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children?s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/0709/96136001/52511755/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.
Location: Chatham, Kent