Salary: £10.37 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Domestic Assistant to join the Medirest family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated team, who deliver outstanding cleaning services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Domestic Assistant, you will play a vital role in infection control that is needed to keep the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without the Domestic Assistants the hospital wouldn’t be able to deliver its lifechanging medical services. Believe us when we say, this isn’t just “any cleaning jobÓ, this is a cleaning job which will make a real difference.
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers, infected and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Maintain high hospital standards by ensuring all areas are clean, presentable and safe for visitors by following the required policies and procedures.
- Use equipment in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Domestic Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- All team members eligible are entitled to a 50% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/0601/79024003/52538059/MED
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.