Training and Support Facilitator – Plymouth & Ivybridge
Welcome Bonus of £500*(T&Cs Apply)
Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
28 days inclusive of Bank Holidays
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
Dedicated learning & development programmes.
We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
Share Save Scheme
Free Employee Assistance Programme
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Carer progression within the company.
CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
Valid for this Service and position only
Paid after successful completion of probation period (6 months) or, if part time or bank, work the equivalent of 975 hours.
Payments are subject to taxable deductions.
The Welcome Bonus can be withdrawn at any time and without notice.
The candidate will need:
- A flexible approach to work including evenings and weekends including sleeps
- To be confident working independently
- Excellent communication skills
- To be self-motivated and reliable
- To be friendly, approachable and have a caring attitude towards others
- IT literate and understanding of basic Office applications
- To be available to provide cover at short notice
Knowledge or experience of working with people with autism and learning disabilities and a full, clean driving licence would be desirable. There may be a requirement to provide support within a service user’s home or overnight support in our training and respite house.
Your role is to assist the management team in creating and maintaining a supportive and attentive relationship with the Service Users whilst acknowledging and respecting the following:-
- Observe and respect at all times the confidentiality policy and all other policies and procedures of The D.O.V.E Project.
- Attend development programmes, workshops, seminars, team meetings and training courses as required.
- Assist in the implementation of agreed Care / Support Plans / guidelines by supporting the Service User with their individual aims and outcomes.
- Ensure you are aware of all current risk assessments and identify any new risks by observing the Service User on a daily basis.
- Support the Service User to maintain a high level of personal hygiene as per Care / Support Plans.
- To be actively involved in the development and delivery of training programmes relevant to the needs of the people supported.
- Assist in providing written reports on progress and development of individuals.
- To accurately and concisely complete relevant paperwork.
- To enable service users to access their communities via both public transport and work vehicles as required.
- Be flexible to meet the operational needs.
- Report any incidents, accidents and complaints the Service User raises, directly to management.
- Meet with management on an individual basis with a view to monitoring performance, in order that development appropriate to change is continuous.
- Ensure that the working area is kept clean and tidy and operated within current health and safety legislation.
- Assist in introducing new members of staff to their duties.
- Support the Service User in developing their essential life and domestic skills enabling them to achieve greater independence.
- Support the Service User by involving and assisting them in a wide and stimulating range of activities with the maximum use of local facilities; helping them with choices.
- Ensure you are aware of your line management & the DOVE Project’s organisational structure.
- Acting as a good role model for the Service User at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Management.
The Dove Project – Part of Caretech
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Comm
Location: Ivybridge, PL21 9AG