We are excited to introduce a Third-Party Management Lead vacancy at Medical Protection Society. The purpose of the role is to lead on Third Party Management in our Member Cases & Claims division to support cases and claims handling excellence and the delivery of excellent service to members which provides fair treatment and good member outcomes.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join a high performing, collaborative and inclusive team, and for someone with considerable experience of working with legal suppliers, including managing risks and measuring performance.
This a hybrid role with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the UK, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our office in Leeds.
- You will be part of the Member Cases and Claims Governance team which supports the delivery of cases and claims excellence.
- You will ensure that controls are fully embedded across the division which manage supplier risk and performance, with responsibility for reporting on control effectiveness, supplier risk and performance.
- Share appropriate insight, trends and data to inform decision making around supplier strategy and opportunities for improvements or cost savings.
- Review contracts with suppliers of legal services on an ongoing basis including terms and conditions in place with both law firms, experts, and Counsel.
- You will deal with any concerns, complaints, or any incidents which are either escalated or reported to the third-party management team.
- Input and make recommendations for improvement/change into appropriate internal forums and support the continued development of the Governance control framework ensuring that third party requirements are met and fully documented.
- Maintain and develop internal and external networks to ensure knowledge sharing and support continuous improvement initiatives, and staying alive to latest developments externally which could influence strategy and thinking.
The Ideal Candidate
- Confident in reporting and presenting to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills when setting up new contracts with suppliers.
- Experience working with panel law firms and measuring quality of performance and value for money.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Knowledge of developments both in medicine and relevant law, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Fully registered and licensed with the recognised regulator (SRA, CILEX)
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (option to buy/sell 5 days)
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered, private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.