We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are recruiting Support Workers to join the team across our Supported Living Services, supporting individuals in their own homes as well as out in the community, helping them to live as independently as possible.
We are flexible regarding Full or Part time hour contracts, but for this particular role you will be required to work Nights, during the week or weekends.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
As a Support Worker you will receive the following benefits: Free DBS Check, Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care, Business and Leadership & Management, opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme, you will receive 28 days annual leave – increasing to 30 days based on service (inc Bank Holidays & pro rata’d for part-time employees), Health Cash Back Scheme, Pension and eligibility for a £500 bonus through our referral scheme.
- Support service users to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs and individual support and care plans, participating in the development of plans where applicable
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
- Support service users to participate in chosen social activities and services in their community, manage their finances and medication responsibly, help with practical tasks around the home, and respectfully support with personal care, hygiene and healthcare
- You will be an informal point of contact for those in the service users circle of support (e.g Families and Social Workers)
- Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
The Ideal Candidate
- Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life to enable them to achieve as much independence as possible
- You may have previous care experience, but that isn’t a requirement for the role, as we will ensure you are equipped with the skills and necessary training to support people living in our services
- Understand there will be challenging days, but able to remain positive in those situations. Remember, you have the chance to positively influence how someone feels and that is no small thing
- You’ll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!