Are you a passionate Support Worker looking for your next challenge? Or a recent Health or Psychology Graduate looking to explore a rewarding career in mental health?
We are looking for Support Workers to join us on a full-time basis, working either 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week including a mixture of days, nights, weekends and bank holidays
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. Our integrated male care pathway includes Litchurch Ward, our low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service. Alvaston Ward, our specialist female personality disorder service, is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
Cygnet Hospital Derby has a “GOOD” CQC rating in all areas, and the Internal Quality Team is rated “OUTSTANDING”
In this role you will work alongside a first class multi-disciplinary team, including Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatrists and Mental Health Nurses
Apply to find out more about Cygnet & working as a Support Worker, the team & how we can shape your career including Nursing Associate, Honorary Assistant Psychologist and Assistant Psychologist pathways.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work (including free meals while on duty & free parking!)
We will be holding an interviews for this role at Cygnet Hospital Derby, apply now to find out more about this!
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
We’ll offer you…
- Starting Salary £11.72 , Probation pass at 6 Months increase to £11.84 further increase at 18 Months to £12.17 p/h
- Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Opportunity for overtime
- Be-Spoke Induction with Senior Managers
- Free meals & parking while on duty
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Free Uniform
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Job Reference: CYG32801