Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our Southwest infrastructure team. Initially based on a project in Newton Abott we are looking for an experienced Sub Agent or Senior Engineer looking to take the next career step.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
As Sub Agent you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on civil engineering projects.
Specific responsibilities for this role will include:
- Complying with all HSEQ systems and implementing on site
- Managing and measuring on site productivity and performance.
- Ensuring that works activities are carried out efficiently to specification and agreed programme.
- Managing procurement and performance of sub-contractors.
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships and delivering and measuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Optimising targeted financial contribution for the scheme.
- Manage and develop team members individual performance, identify strengths and weaknesses in order to contribute to the succession planning of the business.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Collaborative team players
- Demonstrable personal and organisational skills
- High level Commercial acumen
- Proven communication and IT skills
- Focusing on detail
- Self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
- Proven experience of Highway Construction and maintenance
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/2191