Salary: £9.65 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Stores Assistant to join the Medirest family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated retail team, who deliver outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff.
- Check all incoming goods for quality, quantity and certify delivery when all the above criteria have been met
- Liaise with suppliers in case of shortages/product rejection, to ensure early replacement or credit and return the rejected stock
- Issue stock to patient services, retail and hospitality
- Assist in the security of stock at all times and to ensure that an effective system of recording stock movements is maintained
- Assist in keeping and updating of the temperature and stock audit trail using the appropriate systems and procedures
- Ensure that stock is fully rotated
- Ensure all food is stored, handled and packed in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene regulations
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Use machinery as shown and taught, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies.
- Clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation which is laid out in the company’s Health & Safety Manual, (COSHH procedures in the selection, use and recovery of cleaning chemicals and manual handling etc)
- Assist with stocktaking at the end of each period
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff
- Ensure you comply with the current dress and personal hygiene regulations
- Attend and comply with any training
- Develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- Manage security processes within your area, in line with the company procedures
- Perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.