*EXCITING NEW LOCATION*
Apply now for immediate vacancies!
We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are recruiting Specialist Support Workers to join the team across our Specialist Services, supporting individuals with complex physical, learning, or mental health needs and development disorders, helping them become independent in the community and for them to live as independently as possible. Typically, in our Specialist Services our users will require more than one to one care.
*Roles are paid at an hourly rate of £10.90 per hour. The salary shown is as a per annum equivalent for information only. The salary is based on 42 hours per week and will be pro rata’d based on contracted hours.
We are looking to offer Full Time hour contracts and shifts vary across Days, Nights and Weekends, offering you the flexibility to work around commitments you may already have.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
When you first join Eden Futures, you will be paid for completing a comprehensive Induction Programme involving face-to-face training, e-learning and shadowing experienced members of your team.
For those new to care, we will make sure that you are given the support to complete your Care Certificate and gain a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care or relevant to your role, partnering with our provider company Lifetime Training.
As a Support Worker you will receive the following benefits:
- Take your Birthday off plus 5.6 weeks of holiday – increasing with service (pro rata’d for part-time employees)
- Free DBS Check
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care and Business and Leadership & Management
- Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme
- Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
- Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
- Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
- Blue Light Discount Scheme
- Eligibility for COSTCO membership
- Support service users to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs and individual support and care plans, participating in the development of plans where applicable
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
- Support service users to participate in chosen social activities and services in their community, manage their finances and medication responsibly, help with practical tasks around the home, and respectfully support with personal care, hygiene and healthcare
- You will be an informal point of contact for those in the service users circle of support (e.g. Families and Social Workers)
- Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
- Form appropriate relationships with those we care for and maintain professional boundaries in work.
- Work within organisational policies, procedures and guidance.
- Committed to demonstrating the organisations values and behaviours in their work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally you will have previous experience supporting individuals with complex needs, or previous experience working in care, however we will provide specific training to enable you to deal with needs and to support people living in our services
- Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life to enable them to achieve as much independence as possible
- Understand there will be challenging days, but able to remain positive in those situations. Remember, you have the chance to positively influence how someone feels and that is no small thing
- You’ll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!