In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Sommelier to join The Pass here at South Lodge.
The Pass -South Lodge’s fine dining restaurant has recently earned its first Michelin Star (along with the already held 3AA Rosettes) under Head Chef Ben Wilkinson. As such, we are looking for an experienced Sommelier to join the team.
The Sommelier will be responsible for;
- Ensuring all areas are properly stocked and set up ready for service
- Delivering an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant
- Full knowledge of the wine list in order to assist guest with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary
- Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements
- Updates to the hotel wine selections and listings
- Run any wine tasting sessions as required by the team
- Resolving any guest queries relating to wine and drink service
- Carry out any wine training to assist with knowledge of the front of house team
- Stock and inventory control
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sommelier will;
- Have a good understanding of our menus and beverage offerings within The Pass
- Have a basic understanding of cost control.
- Have an understanding of wine GP%
- Previous experience as a Sommelier in a Fine Dining restaurant with a Michelin Star or high levels of Rosettes would be preferable
- WSET level 2 as a minimum
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.