Salary: Attractive plus benefits
Are you looking to have a sustainable career? Whilst truly making the world better, fairer and greener for the next generation.
You will be a true hero in the eyes of future generations to come. By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. You truly will be making the world a be a better place to live for the next generation.
There is a great opportunity for a Shipping Agent to oversee sea going vessels port calls, setting up and completing ships files, ship boarding activities meeting with ships personnel and captains arranging for many various and necessary requirements i.e. crew changes, doctor appointments, ships mail, crew changes, spares and repairs etc. also liaising with various contractors, port authorities and internal personnel.
This role will be based from our Warrington Head Office with an opportunity of future hybrid working. However travel to and from the Port of Liverpool and Manchester will be frequent. There will also be occasional travel to other Ports within the UK so a driving licence and transport is required.
- Managing the arrivals, movements and departures of vessels to, within and from multiple various ports
- Liaising with vessels and arranging port services for this process with an understanding of ports, tides, locks and rivers
- Completing and issuing various documentation, i.e. bills of lading, manifests, stowage plans, internal and outside authorities’ requirements i.e. customs and immigration, estimates
- Processing and finalising invoices and disbursement accounts
- Communicating vessel progress to required parties and dealing with day to day operational activities and issues.
Confident communicator – email, telephone, face to face
Flexibility to work overtime evenings and weekends. Every third weekend.
Knowledge of Outlook / word / excel – training given on other internal shipping programme, internet for port external systems and research
Good attention to detail
Good numeration skills
Think on your feet
Yes can do attitude
Hours per week: 40