Salary: Competitive Salary
Would you like to join the number 1 metal recycler in the UK? Are you looking for experience at the forefront of the most sustainable sector? Become a net zero hero!
Not only does this role offer a rewarding year in industry, it also has a clear path for progression and career development – which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040, truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
This role can be very challenging and diverse. At the same time, it is rewarding and offers a career with many opportunities for professional development.
You will be an integral part of the Shipping Documentation team and have a broad range of responsibilities; these could include;
- Issuance of Bill of lading shipping instructions to various stakeholders, chase all draft and original bill of ladings from shipping lines and ensure compliance to requirements.
- Issuing of documentation for European truck movements
- Sending VGMs to the stakeholders and monitor the VGM mailbox and ensure issuance all VGM requirements within strict deadlines
- Update in-house systems to ensure records are kept up to date
- Ensure that any inspections have been carried out before approving draft bills for compliance with contract / regulatory requirements
- Raise invoices and supporting documentation within set contractual and country perimeters.
- liaising with third party inspection agents to obtain the required inspection certificates required for exporting to certain countries.
- Assisting customers with any queries and providing the highest customer service.
- Checking loading photos to ensure they adhere to inspection standards.
- Any ad hoc duties as/when requested
- The ability to be meticulous and consistent with close attention to detail.
- Delivering high quality work to very strict deadlines; prioritising and managing expectations of internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Excel required
- Good organisational skills.
Applicants should be organised, motivated individuals who can work to deadlines and be prepared to adapt according to business priorities.
Exceptional communication skills are required to effectively work with team members but also to assist customers and suppliers with any potential queries they may have.
Hours per week: 40