ACAD is a well-established residential childcare and education provider based across Scotland and have been providing residential childcare service since 2001.
Senior Residential Support Worker will support the House Manager in the efficient running of the residential home. You will largely be responsible for assisting the House Manager in the efficient operational management of the house as well as providing excellent care to the children and young people.
The Team Leader will have responsibility for managing a team of staff therefore, you must be experienced in motivating and providing support to colleagues when necessary. As part of an ongoing professional development, you would also be required to highlight training needs, supervision, and rota management and have an excellent understanding of Health and Social Care Standards.
- Driver with your own transport
- 12 months experience in the Residential Child Care Sector
- Able to work unsocial hours
- Shift Patterns 2 Full Day On – 4 Days Off (including sleep INS)
- Ensure the safety of all children/young people, staff and visitors and in the house
- Take responsibility for your own and others training needs, particularly in relation to SSSC registration requirements
- Undertake such other appropriate duties as the House Manager shall determine
- Adherence to the companies Time and Attendance system
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Attend monthly CALM refreshers.
- A willingness to work towards and completion of SVQ 4
- Company Values
- Friendly, passionate and caring nature
- Positive, pleasant and approachable
- Empowering others to develop and live fulfilling lives
- Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
- Innovative, by using or showing new methods and ideas
• Competitive salary
• 4-week paid induction programme
• Dedicated learning and development programmes- Management programme
• Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
• Free PVG check
• Free parking
• Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
• Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn up to £1000 per referral
• Pension scheme
• Annual Employee Awards Evening
• Employee recognition schemes
• Company vehicle to use when in work
• CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants.
All applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
If you have not heard back within 14 days of your application, please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list.
Senior Residential Support Worker – Dalbeattie [SYS-3270]
Location: Biggar, ML12