Jewish Care’s Community Centres are at the heart of changing people’s lives for the better. We aim to ensure that Jewish older people lead a meaningful life, have a sense of belonging and participate in their community through attending our Community Centres.
We are seeking Senior Programme Assistant is responsible for front line delivery of day services to Jewish Care members, including running and supporting with activities such as chair based-exercise classes, discussion groups, card games and board games.
This post is working Monday to Thursday for a total of 32 hours per week.
Monday and Wednesday – Bethnal Green
Tuesday – Stamford Hill
Flexible over Thursday & Friday
What you will be doing:
- Designing, arranging, and delivering the day centre programme of a culturally specific Jewish Day service for older people, people living with dementia.
- Supporting volunteers to take part and contribute to the running of the Centre and in the delivery of activities.
- Identifying and reviewing risks, hazards and health and safety concerns with relevant colleagues.
- Leading on daily operational set up and set down of Centre furniture and equipment.
- Regularly reviewing the quality of services and ensure that feedback contributes to the overall running of the Centre.
- Working with programming teams to set up technology to support members taking part in activities at home – such as online social discussion groups and exercise classes.
- Carry out actions, such as personal care duties, as indicated in a person’s care plan or associated documents.
- Supporting minibus drivers with the collection of members on our minibuses from their home to the centre.
- Supporting members to coordinate and organise their transport arrangements to and from the centre to include assisting with booking and managing dial-a-ride, other community transport private hire and public transport.
What You will need:
- Relevant qualification within Health & Social Care or willingness to work towards.
- Experience of working in the field of recreational/social activity.
- Experience of working with individual clients and with groups.
- Experience of working with older people with varying abilities and needs who may also suffer from Dementia.
- Experience working in partnership with families, carers, volunteers, and community members.
- Awareness of physical and mental health issues affecting older people.