Senior Product Manager
Chancery Lane, London,
At Digitas, we harness the power of connection to make positive impact everyday. We have a relentless focus on creating connections to help our clients’ businesses grow, connecting diverse people, ideas and expertise in innovative and exciting ways.
We are making positive impact with our amazing clients, through our capabilities in Consulting, Products & Platforms, Customer Engagement and Digital Media.
Part of Publicis Groupe, and a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies, we’re proud to work with some of the world’s leading brands.
Digitas. Experience the power of connection.
Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Digitas’ UK Technology department sits at the centre of the agency, with our technologists and Product experts brought into client engagements at the very beginning. The work we do with clients varies from standalone technical and product strategy through to full discovery, design, build and optimisation. This can be in the form of websites, apps, services and emerging tech.
The Product team sit within the Technology team alongside engineering and ops but always work together with peers from other departments to successfully deliver for our clients. This enables us to create genuinely collaborative, scalable, and globally distributed product teams.
At Digitas we expect a Product Manager to take the Product Lead role on a major engagement, working in a cross-discipline team with a focus on Experience Design, Engineering and Delivery colleagues. Our Product Managers take ownership of collaborative, iterative design and improvement of a product or service for their delivery team and support that team by helping them to define, prioritise and solve real problems for users and other stakeholders – ensuring the service better meets their needs.
As a Product Manager you will understand the product(s) in detail and develop a clear vision for a set of core product features, with clear KPIs and measurement. You will engage directly with our clients, collaborating on vision, product strategy, product roadmap and challenging them to embrace novel and effective solutions and processes that meet their business needs. You will verify that the delivered product meets the needs of users and achieves clients’ strategic business objectives.
In addition, you will collaborate with teams from across the wider agency to answer questions on forward-looking innovation, technology, and product trends as part of our on-going engagements with a wider set of clients and on new business.
- Understand the product(s) and wider ecosystem in detail, identifying and capturing opportunities based on user research, product analytics, team feedback, and competitor benchmarking
- Develop and champion a clear vision for a set of core product features linked to overall strategy and goals, with clear KPIs and measurement
- Work with client and wider team to build out and support roadmap and on- going updates
- Articulation and communication of product requirements, based on business/stakeholder requirements, user need, definition, and estimation
- Prioritisation of product features, both overall and within individual initiatives, based on agreed prioritisation framework.
- Ensure excellent understanding/representation of user and business needs within any product initiative or feature and that estimated level of work effort is understood and agreed across team
- Build partnerships by communicating the team’s efforts, achievements and needs to internal team, client stakeholders, and wider agency
- Regularly report on progress, risks and opportunities to internal and client team
- Identify, evangelise, and embed best practices for product thinking and successful product delivery
- Work with wider Product team on short term engagements around vision setting, innovation, and strategic consultancy across diverse client set
- Work with wider agency team on organic growth, prospecting, and new business, applying product thinking and skillsets to varied engagements
- Experience as a Product Manager / Product role working within teams employing agile ways of working (Scrum, Lean, Kanban etc.), relevant tools (e.g. JIRA, Aha, Miro) and user centred design methods
- Experience clearly defining outcomes for (or problems with) products or services
- Experience collaborating with teams and stakeholders to define user stories, success criteria, KPIs and performance metrics
- Experience of gathering, reviewing and prioritising customer experience requirements and mapping to business goals
- Experience using user research and other data to understand users and their needs
- Experience communicating decisions and priorities in a clear and engaging manner
- Experience fostering collaboration across diverse, multidisciplinary experience or product delivery teams
- Experience working with Design / UX teams to ensure product design is focused around usability and quality
- Experience working with Technology teams to achieve goals and manage expectations on rate of delivery required to achieve goals
- Ability to apply strong emotional intelligence when working with other teams and departments to manage interdependencies between platforms and products effectively
- Skilled at building strong relationships with team and stakeholders – establishing methods for obtaining feedback for products, features, and ways of working, creating an environment of open collaboration
- A natural collaborator with a pro-active attitude, comfortable acting as a decision-maker and setting the direction for wider team
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.