Are you a Senior Building Services Mechanical Engineer looking to work on a variety of projects?
Do you want to join a supportive and collaborative practice?
Do you have a passion for sustainable design?
Are you looking to make a real impact within the built environment?
If you answer yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
We have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Building Services team in Leicester. In line with our company ethos to evolve and strive for excellence, we are looking for a driven and capable individual. You can expect to find genuine prospects for development along with fast-track career progression.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work to ensure projects are delivered to the right scope of time, quality and budget. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a key role to delivering exceptional technical and commercial solutions to a range of clients across the private and public sectors to include, heritage, defence, education, healthcare and commercial.
Key duties of the role includes:
- Manage a large variety of projects, in terms of size, type and complexity
- Prepare and manage designs, feasibility studies, reports, and contract documents
- Carry out building analysis
- Deputise for senior staff as appropriate
- Liaise directly with Clients and Contractors
- Supervise a team of engineers and technicians as required on a day-to-day basis
- Help ensure projects are delivered to the requisite quality, on time and on budget
- Assist in management of project resources and costs
- Understand and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices and procedures
Interested to find out more? Contact the team today!
We are looking for an experienced and design-focused Senior Mechanical Engineer who has Chartered Engineer (MCIBSE) status and/or degree level qualification. The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer should have the desire and capabilities to develop their career within a people and client orientated construction and property consultancy.
Key knowledge and experience we’d like you to have:
- Significant experience of mechanical building services / HVAC design (i.e. domestic water services, ventilation, heating, cooling)
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of IES, Hevacomp and AutoCAD.
- Experience with Revit MEP is also desirable
- Knowledge of current legislation e.g. UK Building Regulations, also Low/Zero Carbon Technologies and BREEAM
- Resource planning and management experience – desirable
- Experience in business development – desirable
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.