We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership – If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
This is an exciting permanent opportunity within West Northamptonshire Council
The Finance Operations service is seeking to recruit a Senior Client Funds Officer to join the Client Funds Team. The role will support the Client Funds Team Leader and will be responsible for the day to day operational management of a caseload of clients, for West Northamptonshire Council.
The Client Funds Service delivers financial support to clients who lack capacity and who are supported by Care Providers, for their care needs.
What will you be doing?
The role involves applying to the Court of Protection and Department for Work and Pensions to manage client’s finances via a Deputyship or Appointeeship. You will ensure the correct benefit income is received and that invoices / commitments for day to day expenses are paid.
This is a varied role and would suit someone that has, previous experience in a financial/administrative role, excellent organisational skills and an understanding of the support needed for our service users.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has an ability to communicate at all levels, dealing with a variety of clients, third parties, government bodies and organisations.
Ability to gather financial and non-financial information to support applications for benefits.
Knowledge of welfare benefits and the ability to understand and interpret national legislation, policies and guidance.
Ability to make sound decisions, planning and monitoring client budgets and future events.
To travel throughout the county to meetings with client’s /other council representatives and outside organisations when required.
The successful candidate will need an enhanced DBS check to be completed.
Please read the Applying for a Job information provided, when completing your application.
Previous candidates need not apply.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.