While we are a fully licensed UK bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our ongoing growth we’re looking to recruit an analyst in our Intelligence Unit – reporting to the Security & Intelligence Manager.
This is an analyst-level role within the Banks Intelligence Unit, which operates under the Director of Security & Intelligence.
The role will support the delivery of the Bank’s intelligence functionality – as a result, it is expected that you will be comfortable operating with the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively Identify trends and attacks – suggesting controls and preventative measures;
- Proactive problem solving, identifying and mitigating risks, issues or weaknesses;
- Deliver threat and thematic monitoring;
- Carry out detailed research and analysis and produce clear reports;
- Work closely with senior stakeholders across the Bank to ensure intelligence is disseminated in a timely and secure manner;
- Represent the Bank externally – on collaborative projects/initiatives across the sector, as required;
- Act as a subject matter expert and signatory for law enforcement. This may include representing the Bank in Court, if required (case-by-case basis);
- Experience in a similar analytical role – within law enforcement, government or financial services environment;
- Working knowledge of intelligence flows, principles and processes;
- Articulate – can produce high-quality written reports, also possessing strong verbal communication skills;
- Experience in using various analytical tools and software;
- Experience in automation or data analytics;
- Experience in handling and producing strategic intelligence;
- Experience in implementing & drafting process and policies;
- Ability to manage a caseload and work within agreed timeframes, whilst maintaining extremely high-quality decision making and an eye for detail;
- Good level of physical security awareness.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.