Salary: £13.5 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated School Cook/Manager to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Chartwells on a full time basis, contracted to 35 hours per week.
As a School Cook/Manager, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Please note: This role is contracted to 44 weeks per year
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Cooking meals from fresh ingredients in line with specific menu guidelines
- Managing a team (front and back of house)
- Food Ordering
- Ensuring food Hygiene and Health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Driving team to give a first class service.
Our ideal School Cook/Manager will:
- experience in a quality catering environments
- Excellent people skills, able to lead and develop a team
- Passion about food and customer service
- Superb culinary skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK.
Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a ChildrenÕs Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/0410/96097001/52519769/WJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.