At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager – Performance (Asphalt) to join our Commercial Team in the South West and Wales. As regional lead you will differentiate Tarmac from our competition with our product range and technical solutions. Working with Marketing, Operations, Commercial, Procurement, Customers and Technical teams you will support product roll outs and provide expertise for VAPs and their application. This key role will ensure delivery of sales of high margin revenue streams across all Tarmac products.
This is a mobile role, with a company car provided, so whether you’re based in Bristol, Hendy or Cardiff, if you enjoy a regional role then this could be the job for you!
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the role of Sales Manager – Performance (Asphalt) will be the regional lead ambassador for the promotion of our sustainable solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring knowledge is transferred across regions on slow moving stock solutions, from both technical and end user/market perspective. Working with commercial colleagues the role of Sales Manager – Performance (Asphalt) will develop relationships with Local Authorities and external contractors to increase sales of high margin performance asphalt products to ensure we achieve sustainable margins in line with business objectives.
In this role you will also be responsible for:
- Attending industry conferences, events and CPD seminars to promote Tarmac products
- Driving focus on national VAP related initiatives linked to Optimise
- Identifying and supporting high margin VAP opportunities
- Launching new products within the region and providing ongoing support
- Supporting the review, support and assessment of accredited contractors including advice and control use of Tarmac VAP products
- Establishing a faster route to market for new products by obtaining swift client approval and subsequent contractor guidance to use
- Using client feedback to identify future Research and Development opportunities
- Devising and delivering regional technical sales training plan for all internal sales and customer service staff
- Working with commercial, technical and operational colleagues towards a regional Asphalt 2 Go strategy and a regional Slag strategy for the use in RMX and Asphalt solutions
- Generating increased sales of high volume collect asphalt
- Implementing sales strategy for our Circular Solutions Aggregate, consisting of blast furnace slag from Port Talbot.
The ideal candidate for the role of Sales Manager – Performance (Asphalt) will be degree qualified or possess equivalent experience and hold current membership of relevant industry bodies. You will be commercially focussed and have experience of delivering solution sales. Suitable candidates for the role of Sales Manager – Performance (Asphalt) will also be technically competent with Asphalt and Slag solutions and have:
- Good understanding of Tarmac’s VAP, Slag and Asphalt 2 Go offering used to provide solutions for customers and differentiate our business from the competition
- Strong customer relationship building skills
- Proven management skills
- Ability to influence external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Capability and track record of delivering solution sales
- Ability to perform as a sustainability ambassador to support the moving business
Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/4363