Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
As a Root Cause Analyst, you will be using customer and colleague insight from Complaints, Quality Assurance and Outcome Testing data and you will identify improvement opportunities to improve customer outcomes and drive down complaint volumes.
Training for the role:
We have a 6 week training programme which is run from the office so you’ll need to be able to commit to being in the office during the day for your first 6 weeks with us. The training gives you all of the skills and support you need to succeed at Starling!
Application for this role will close on 26/09.
- Conducting deep-dives across complaints, Quality assurance and Outcome testing in order to understand and address themes and the root cause.
- Developing and producing internal and external complaints MI/reporting, producing commentary to supplement reports where appropriate.
- Supporting the management team by overseeing the complaints pipeline and allocation of work.
- Engaging with colleagues across the business to build relationships, reduce complaint volumes and increase first contact resolution.
Behaviours & Competencies:
- Resilience and positivity-An individual who views a situation with logic and perspective.
- Integrity- Always do the right thing for our customers, colleagues and Starling.
- A positive “can-do” attitude whilst working in a changeable environment.
- Effective communication style that’s adaptable to a diverse range of customers.
- The ability to listen and ask questions that get to the root cause of the problem.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to provide insightful data and reports using google sheets and internal
- Ability to work at pace whilst ensuring accuracy of work
- Good judgement skills and the ability to make evidence-based accountable decisions.
- Proactive and demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise in a changing, busy environment.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.