Shift hours: Full Time
About the Role
At Sodexo, we create a vibrant, warm welcoming atmosphere where we place our customers at the heart of everything we do.
As a Receptionist, you’ll enjoy the thrill of meeting and greeting new people and provide excellent customer service to all of our customers!
There will be great opportunities to grow and progress your career with Sodexo and we will support you throughout your journey with us!
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
Our Receptionist are at the heart of everything we do, so it’s important that fantastic customer service is always at the forefront! If you are a friendly, and approachable individual with great communication skills, this could be the perfect role for you! A willingness to learn and develop new skills is a bonus too!
- Provide a warm, courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all visitors.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls / enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and using the agreed salutation.
- Ensure that all on the day meeting room bookings / queries / changes and requests are dealt with promptly and in a courteous manner. Report any issues to a line manager immediately.
- Be reliable, flexible, honest and a strong advocate for Sodexo and the Client.
- At all times ensure you provide a consistent service.
- Actively and positively engage with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders to ensure a seamless service experience.
- Anticipate client needs and follow up with clients to ensure that client expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Trouble shoot client and visitor problems using research and problem solving skills.
- Take ownership and responsibility ensuring you are working effectively and developing close relationships with your colleagues.
- Support your colleagues and assist coaching New Starters through their probation periods.
- Communicate visitor and client arrivals to the relevant people promptly so that the visitor or client is either met or escorted to the relevant meeting room / area in a timely manner.
- Handle client and visitor queries and supply relevant information to them.
- Ensure that waiting visitors are kept informed of any delays and progress and to ensure client comfort.
- Carry out regular checks of all client and internal areas including meeting rooms, lobby areas’ and cloakrooms to ensure all client areas remain clean & tidy.
- Provide and assist with meeting room bookings (booking, organising and confirming) including food ordering.
- Liaise with meeting hosts, fellow team members and other service providers to ensure that all room setup requirements are met, including the moving of furniture in certain rooms.
- Liaise with hospitality manager to ensure relevant refreshments are supplied and replenished in a timely manner, including last minute requests.
- Assist with collating any monthly and ad-hoc reports on service usage and service issues to ensure that customers and facilities management receive appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure housekeeping and maintenance issues are logged / reported and discuss any issues with your line manager and report to facilities.
- Liaise with IT to ensure all Audio-Visual equipment is working and the relevant meetings are setup when required.
- Ensure that any technical faults for meeting room booking systems, pc’s, laptops or projectors are reported to the IT helpdesk.
- Provide operational support to colleagues to ensure service levels are maintained during peak periods.
- Attend 2 team meetings per year and attend bi-weekly team briefings to ensure you are engaged and understand the overall vision for the Sodexo contract.
- Be aware of relevant legislation to include health & safety and be security conscious at all times.
- Provide ad hoc legal support (Including shredding documents) when required (when business levels allow)
People/ Interpersonal Skills:
- Well presented with a genuine smile
- Easily engages in conversation and develops rapport with others
- Drive for and ability to comply with high standards
- Pays attention to detail
- Intuitive & interested in other people
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to differing client needs
- Confident, enthusiastic and motivated to deliver great service
- Organised and able to prioritise work activity
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment strongly desirable
- Experience working in a busy client floor environment
- Multiple meeting room management
- Must be familiar with Outlook calendar
- Experience with audio visual services is desirable
- Previous experience of working in catering & events
- Literacy with Microsoft Outlook email, Word / Excel to intermediate level essential
Location: Mayfair, United Kingdom