Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer Electrical Bias to join our engineering team at Tunstead, close to Buxton in Derbyshire. This role is easily commutable from Buxton, Sheffield, Stockport, Chesterfield, Macclesfield, Mansfield and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you as our Project Engineer Electrical Bias will be responsible for undertaking plant design and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all aspects of plant operation; both for production and maintenance for now and in the future.
Your responsibilities as the Project Engineer Electrical Bias will include:
- Ensure engineering projects are delivered in compliance with Tarmac Health & Safety Policies and Rules of Business
- Provide support to the engineering team with project electrical design drawing capability, efficient, best practice and economical specification and selection of electrical equipment to established legislative, company and site standards
- Ensure all projects are designed to achieve the lowest cost of ownership possible
- Implement systems to track short and medium term electrical project resourcing requirements, subsequent threats, and opportunities to this
- Support management of electrical engineers, department budget and administration
- Assist development of competencies skills training and work experience for Junior Electrical Engineers
- Support in the creation and delivery of electrically biased Capex CIA’s
The role of Project Engineer Electrical Bias is a varied, complex and rewarding position that can and will facilitate change in the working environment, to encompass this we would like the following from you in the role of Project Engineer Electrical Bias:
- ESSENTIAL – Degree preferable in Electrical Engineering Discipline, ideally Process Control
- ESSENTIAL – 18th Edition – BS7671 I.E.E Regulations and Legislation
- Experience within the quarrying industry highly desirable
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of Medium and High Voltage Systems and Instrumentation
- Strong knowledge of relevant electrical and control engineering maintenance principles and practices, and ideally experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Aggregate, Lime, Powders and Cement Process Knowledge Advantageous
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications.
- Electrical Process Design Competency along with Engineering Drawing Skills – CAD, AutoCad, Catia V5, also Windows including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Project Management including electrical based Estimating/Scoping
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Safety and Health procedures
Salary: Highly Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Buxton, Derbyshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/2980