Salary: £13,666.20 – £14,697.60 per annum (plus, pay award pending)
About the role – Planning Technician
22.2 hours per week, appointment at £13,666.20 – £14,697.60 per annum (*plus pay award pending*)
This is an exciting time to join the Council, as we take the Plan forward to examination and adoption. Working across the District Councils of Wychavon and Malvern, your work will include:
- Preparing maps, plans and graphics using a variety of methods including GIS, computer software, Internet, photographic and manual drawing techniques.
- Organising, updating and maintaining mapping layers and data
- Supporting work to take the plan through examination and to adoption
Supporting the urban design team on the concept plans for the strategic sites
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a rich planning environment across two varied authorities, and build on the success of an existing jointly prepared plan which covers the two administrative areas and Worcester City; with a Plan that is looking to provide a rail led strategy with new settlements, including a garden village at Worcester Parkway
You will need to demonstrate commitment to delivering the Council’s values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
You will be responsible for championing and demonstrating the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating and empowering self and others and leading by example.
If you are the right person for this role, you should have:
- 3 A-levels in relevant subject areas
- Experience in mapping and GIS
- Ambition and enthusiasm
- An adaptable and flexible approach with the ability to work on a variety of tasks
- A planning related degree or equivalent experience is desirable.
- You’ll need to hold a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
What we offer
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. So, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
- Agile Working (40% minimum office based)
- Excellent pension scheme with 18% employer contributions
- Generous annual leave entitlement with options to purchase additional annual leave
- Committed training programme and development opportunities
- Onsite Creche with 20% staff discount
- Discounted Gym and swim membership
- Health and Wellbeing support and a Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Discounts with a range of companies including EE and the Kaarp discount scheme.
To discuss the post or for further information, please call Jo Symons on 01386 565334
Closing date: Sunday 8 October 2023
Interview date: Monday 16 October 2023