35 hours per week
10 month fixed term contract
£47,708 Per Annum
Tue, 31 Jan 2023
Not just another building society. Not just another job.
We're the fourth biggest building society in the UK and what makes us a bit different is that we're a mutual organisation. We don't have shareholders, we're owned by our members.
Our colleague say Skipton's a great place to work and you could be one of them, bringing with you new ideas on how we can keep customers at the heart of what we do.
Whatever your background, and whatever your goals, we'll help you take the next step towards a better future.
We’re looking for an experienced People and Planning Lead who can act as a business partner for specific teams to ensure there are robust capacity and portfolio plans in place to support the delivery of our change agenda.
Can you effectively convert supply and demand assumptions into accurate forward-looking people and portfolio sequencing/roadmap plans?
Can you interpret data and provide recommendations to senior stakeholders and change teams across a wide range of delivery themes?
Are you passionate about delivering change and agile ways of working? Do you want to make a difference?
Be part of a workplace ranked in The Sunday Times 100 Best Big Companies to Work For, a dynamic and mindful team where you can proudly be yourself. At Skipton Building Society, we have an exciting opening for an experienced People and Portfolio Planning Analyst to join our team.
If you’re ready to take up the vital role of People and Portfolio Planning Analyst and provide trusted insight, oversight, and support to ensure the successful delivery of value adding change across our strategic change portfolio, then this could be the role for you!
We value diversity of thought, expertise, and knowledge. When you join, you'll be a part of a collaborative environment where everyone's voice is valued, and new ideas are encouraged.
• Able to act as a business partner for specific teams and ensure optimum use of resources in line with prioritised business needs – balancing supply vs demand?
• Able to take firm control of the incoming capacity demand and implement a robust front door process to manage requests, highlighting hotspots and facilitating value-based decisions with senior leaders as required?
• Able to engage with senior resource owners and leaders to ensure forward planning needs are understood and balanced against strategic priorities?
• An experienced change professional, passionate about making a difference?
• Able to provide first class analysis and insight?
• Able to identify trends, collate information, and provide timely and accurate MI to ensure there is consistent forecasting and planning to achieve optimum results?
• Able to demonstrate a range of analytical skills required to support the day to day and long term management of the full change portfolio?
• Adept at working with different change frameworks and methodologies? (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Safe, Prince2)
• Ensure maintenance and accuracy of PPM tools? (e.g. Planview)
• Able to articulate complex technical jargon in a way that makes sense to our non-technical stakeholders?
• Able to collaborate, influence and motivate a wide variety of colleagues?
• Driven to continually learn, reflect, and adapt approaches you and the team use to find better, more effective ways of working?
You’ll need a strong ability to work collaboratively, supporting and championing the growth and development of colleagues, demonstrating high emotional intelligence with strong leadership skills, be a brilliant problem-solver and have an inquisitive appetite to continuously develop and learn. You’ll enjoy working with a variety of people, be able to inspire and motivate and you’ll be self-driven and self-organising.
You’ll be able to flex your skillset to meet business demands, applying the most appropriate approach to enable us to deliver change successfully. Most importantly, you’ll be able to clearly identify how what we are doing adds value and moves us towards our strategic priorities.
What you'll be doing
• Ensure optimum use of resources across teams in line with prioritised business needs – balancing supply vs demand
• Effectively convert supply and demand assumptions into accurate forward-looking resource and portfolio sequencing / roadmap plans which remain consistent with overall strategic portfolio plans, prioritised initiatives, and approved budgets
• Identify trends, collate information, and provide timely and accurate MI to ensure there is consistent forecasting and planning to achieve optimum results
• Identify where changes to processes and/or ways of working may be necessary to optimise resource supply levels e.g., identification of unplanned tasks which directly impact and reduce planned available resource and provide recommendations to improve
• Work closely with other members of the People & Portfolio Planning Team to collectively achieve team goals, ensuring that training, knowledge and awareness of all things people and portfolio planning is delivered, understood, and adopted to a high degree
• Understand and communicate the wider landscape of change, providing clarity to stakeholders on interdependencies and potential alternative approaches as well as advice on the most expedient way to sequence and deliver change
• Develop and maintain strong, ongoing relationships with product, value stream and business teams (as well as other key stakeholders) to build solid engagement and create a fluid, continuous delivery of change initiatives
• Ensure portfolio level risks to delivery and dependencies on other areas are understood and managed effectively and have an ability to share the big picture impact of change across multiple dependencies
• Help to align large scale change alongside wider change pipelines and run activities, working together to plan effectively and avoid conflicts
• Work with finance stakeholders to regularly review rolling spend and review vs rolling wave investment plan
• Provide insight and leadership into portfolio planning learnings and improvements to ways of working, adapting to agile and best practice techniques
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role:
• You’ll have experience as a People and Portfolio Planning Analyst
• Strong analytical skills and experience, including the ability to plan for future changes
• Experience of performing people and capacity planning activities across a portfolio of change
• Experience of using Planview (or a similar PPM tool) to identify, visualise and articulate portfolio dependencies and scenario plan effectively
• Experience of both agile and more traditional delivery mechanisms (e.g. waterfall)
• A strong understanding of planning principles and critical path analysis
• Knowledge of agile techniques, project management, programme management, portfolio management and investment practices
• Experience of software delivery and associated disciplines
• Experience of practical application of Lean Portfolio Management techniques and best practice
•Possess strong decision making and prioritisation skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex problems
• Problem-solving and logical thinking
• Customer and colleague centric
• Operational and systems thinker
• Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence others to drive results across a matrixed organisation
• Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
We care about our colleagues. So we treat each other like the complex and diverse individuals we are.
Work here is never one-size-fits-all, it flexes around your strengths and needs,
Everyone is held accountable for achieving our common purpose. The aim is for all of us to do better work, have a better life and enjoy a better balance between the two.
£47708 plus benefits