Salary: £48000 – £48000
Shift hours: Part Time
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about good quality care as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
As part of the Quality and Governance Team, you will be responsible for overseeing the quality and compliance of safe compassionate care for our adult clients living with complex needs. The Adult Clinical Lead will make a meaningful contribution towards enhancing the quality of life for our clients by driving companywide improvement of nursing and nurse led care delivery.
The Clinical Lead or Adults will ensure that safeguarding issues are part of the organisations quality and governance system by reporting on safeguarding risks to the organisation and demonstrating how these are being mitigated.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional Nurse with solid leadership and management experience and a flexible, can-do attitude.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile, and flexible working culture.
- To develop, implement and monitor standards of nursing and nurse led care across PNC.
- Support all activities necessary to ensure that PNC meets its responsibilities to safeguard/protect adults with care and support needs. The national lead nurse will have in-depth knowledge of health welfare, vulnerability, and abuse and of the systems and processes that needs to be in place for the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of people at risk of harm. The national lead nurse will have the ability to promote good professional care and safeguarding practice.
In line with CQC & Care Inspectorate regulations, we require and will undertake Enhanced DBS/PVG, Right to Work, Reference and Employment History checks in line with Government guidelines for this role and safer recruitment best practice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible, due to the nature of these important checks there may be extension to timelines. All our clients are equally entitled to have their needs met in a safe, fair and balanced way. Prestige Nursing & Care colleagues are responsible for promoting Equal Opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any client or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, identity or any other perceived difference.
As a Company we are unable to provide Sponsorship for overseas candidates.
By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application. For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website.
Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early.
Professional and clinical leadership
- To maintain current registration with the NMC through revalidation and compliance with NMC: The Code, Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives
- To act as the senior adult nurse within PNC.
- To always behave with integrity and dignity in support of Senior Leadership Team at PNC.
- To promote effective teamwork through good communication and role modelling.
- To ensure that the dignity, safety, and well-being of our clients are respected at all times.
- To support and provide advice on clinical assessments for adults with complex care needs.
- To respond promptly and advise in clinical emergency situations.
- To promote and advise on the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
- Lead on ensuring a safe and effective clinical governance framework.
- To ensure there are effective systems in place for nursing staff to receive clinical supervision and provide clinical supervision for operational nurses where required.
- Plan, initiate and evaluate nursing practice which is evidence/research based.
- To actively participate in the development and delivery of a complex care strategy, including the implementation and review of clinical KPI’s.
- To identify and escalate any practice areas or systems, which may place the organisation at risk and where support from the Local Authority, Safeguarding Partnership Board may be required.
- To advise on the delivery of care standards and safeguarding for adult clients across the business.
- To ensure that systems and processes are regularly monitored and reviewed to minimise risk.
- To ensure Incidents are appropriately recorded according to PNC’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Safeguarding training for all staff is updated and fit for purpose. Participate in the audit of safeguarding training.
Education and Training
- To ensure that all staff are fully trained in appropriate levels of safeguarding and know how to identify and raise concerns.
- To ensure staff support and advice is readily available. That there is clear information as to whom to contact.
- To act as the national safeguarding lead within delivery of service and safeguarding for adults, including the dissemination of specialist skills and knowledge to others.
- To provide in-house training to staff in core areas of care delivery and delegated health care tasks as required.
Quality and Governance
- To develop, monitor and review policies relating to adult care in accordance with the national regulators; Care Inspectorate/Care Quality Commission and maintain compliance with the Fundamental Standards of Care outlined in The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activity) Regulations 2014.
- Actively participate in PNC’s clinical governance and quality assurance processes
- To establish, monitor and maintain the professional standards of the Nursing Service.
- Disseminate new and innovative practice, updates to national guidance and quality care initiatives to colleagues.
- To ensure systems and processes in place are compliant with primary legislation, national, regional, and local government strategy relating to delivery of care and safeguarding adults.
- Lead on the development, implementation and review of themed clinical audits and support the wider quality assurance pathway with nursing expertise where required.
- Support Branch Mangers to identify and implement service improvement planning for complex care.
- To contribute to, and continue to develop regular reporting for quality, governance and safety agendas.
- Coordinate the dissemination of client safety related information throughout PNC.
- To comply with information governance procedures and observe the codes of confidentiality to clients and colleagues.
- To participate in service improvement projects or development that contribute to the modernisation of client services, providing both professional and clinical advice, as necessary.
- To be available to provide on call services for out of core office hours.
- To manage and prioritise own workload.
- To undertake other duties as required. This may include providing cover for other members of the team where necessary.
- To ensure professional behaviour, appearance and attitudes are always maintained.
- To participate and assist in recruitment, induction, and orientation of new staff.
- To travel frequently throughout the branch network ensuring clinical leadership visibility for operational teams.
- Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
- Employees are responsible for ensuring that they assist in the implementation of PNC’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Accept personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures at any time when providing direct care and whenever required for other activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Competent IT Skills
- Ability to analyse large sets of data to identify risk and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations, knowing when to share information and to accept responsibility for decision making.
- Auditing skills
- Active NMC registration
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must hold active NMC PIN registration
- Safeguarding Training Level 3
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of approaches to nursing, communicating, and managing client
- Have up to date knowledge of current safeguardin legislation, procedures, and practices
- Have up to date knowledge of relevant legislation within Health and Social Care
- Have knowledge of and ability to manage risk and decision making
- Minimum of 5 years post registration nursing experience.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical expertise.
- Act as a professional role model.
- Previous experience working in social care
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity, and effectiveness at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate a safe and supportive environment for staff
- Ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- IT Literacy
- Evidence of working collaboratively with others.
- Ability to undertake any travel in connection with the post.
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to the needs of the business.
- Be willing to participate in ongoing training and continuing their professional development.
- Safeguarding Training Level 4
- Have a good understanding of and ability to identify the various forms of abuse and neglect and their impact on children and vulnerable groups.
- Evidence of successful practical work within a safeguarding setting.
- Evidence of effective handling of allegations made which affect the safeguarding of Individuals.
- Previous experience in a quality and governance role
- Experience of training on a 1:1 or in a group setting.
- Be highly motivated.
It is now a requirement to provide an overseas police check dated within the last 3 months of being in the UK if you have lived outside of the UK for longer than a year in the last 5 years.
Proof of Right to Work in the UK is required .
As a company we are unable to provide sponsorship for overseas candidates.
Location: National, United Kingdom