Are you a Multi Skilled Operative and eagerly looking for your next permanent role? Then please read on………
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are recruiting for a Multi Skilled Operative to join the fantastic team at our Tarmac Asphalt plant at Stevenage in Hertfordshire. The plant is easily accessible via most major road networks and commutable from Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City, Knebworth, Harpenden, Hitchin, Buntingford, Puckeridge, Ware, Letchworth Garden City, Luton, Dunstable, Biggleswade, Royston, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Bishops Stortford, Bedford and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
Previous experience working in an Asphalt / RMX / Plant / Quarry / Industrial Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
The role is a days position, overtime is available to meet with our site’s production needs
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- IT Literate
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK manual car Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Salary: Competitive + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/4745