Position: Maintenance Operative
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm
Salary Details: £11.38ph
We are sourcing a Maintenance Operative to join our team based in Sherwood, Nottinghamshire. The successful candidate will provide maintenance support to facilitate the smooth running of the unit and upkeep to the buildings.
Our maintenance operatives carry out the day-to-day maintenance on our services in order to ensure that they are maintained and kept in a good orderly fashion. Some internal & external works will be required during the winter months along with general maintenance. Ideally candidates should have a specific trade that they specialise in (Grounds maintenance, Joinery, Plastering, Plumbing etc) however this is not required if the candidate has adequate all-round trade abilities.
- Paid Overtime
- Free Meals supplied on site
- Company paid sick pay
- Company pension
- 23 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Share Save Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee Recognition Schemes
- Career progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants
- Free DBS check
Role and Responsibilities:
- To carry out general grounds maintenance including but not limited to grass cutting, hedge trimming, weeding & general tidying.
- To carry out internal and external paint and decorating
- To assist in maintaining the outside fabric of the building.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment and materials.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others. This includes contributing to a safe and secure environment for staff/residents.
- To identify defects and damage, reporting these promptly to the maintenance manager.
- To carry out, as and when required, any additional duties and responsibilities as are reasonably compatible with this job description and deemed appropriate by your employer in the interests of the company.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
Who we are!
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family are one of the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England, delivering a wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £11.38 Per hour
Location: Nottingham, NG7 6JL