Salary: £16770 – £17000
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Taking day to day responsibility for responding to issued dockets and for correctly filling in such dockets prior to hand in
- Working to Health and Safety requirements
- Operating a lamp changing and shade cleaning round.
- Participating in fire alarm rounds testing
- Undertaking general labouring duties, basic mechanical duties and minor repairs as directed by the supervisor/chargehand.
- Carrying out cleaning duties across the sites including the plant room, ducts, workshops boiler house and incinerator
- Working on new systems and undertaking training on new techniques and legislation as required and passing on knowledge to others
- May be required to use access equipment for working at heights
- May be required to drive the company vehicle from time to time
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a fundamental working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Have a background in general building services
- Be comfortable working alone at times
- Will have an understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building systems in a healthcare environment.
- Have a full UK driving licence
Location: Prestwick, Scotland