In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Kitchen Porter/ Assistant at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa. You will be a crucial part of the kitchen to help the kitchen run successfully. You will have an excellent work ethic and a can do attitude – we will teach you the rest!
Lots to do but lots of fun
Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is spic and span. You will be responsible for……
- To work in the Back of House area of the kitchen ensuring the area is kept clean & tidy at all times.
- To support the chefs as and when required.
- To be aware of and to adhere to all health and safety, fire, hygiene and COSHH regulations governing the work you are undertaking and to ensure the correct chemicals/detergents are used at all times.
- To ensure the staff canteen is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- During staff meal periods to ensure Chatterbox is manned at all times, food levels are fully stocked and compliant with food safety legislation (including labelling).
- To limit the number of breakages and ensure that any breakages are notified to the Porter Supervisor.
- To ensure that you work timely in the fast paced environment, ensuring that there is always enough crockery and equipment for the chef’s to ensure the smooth running of the food service
- Using the dehydra machine to process wastage, ready for collection.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Have previous experience in a similar role would be preferential but not essential
- Understand the importance of a clean kitchen, and how it impacts the overall service within Food & Beverage
- Have passion for the hospitality industry and for exceeding guest expectations
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good command of English and has excellent communication skills
- Be highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.