Booker are looking for a Junior Lawyer to join our in-house legal team working across the Booker Group. With an emphasis on business partnering through delivering high quality legal work, you will work cross functionally to support and advise the business.
• Providing prompt, pragmatic legal advice, and assistance, to all parts of the business.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, both with suppliers of goods for resale, services and goods and services not for resale.
• Creating and amending internal precedent documents, policies and procedures.
• Effectively and efficiently dealing with claims, complaints and other unique issues as they arise.
• Advising on compliance, governance, and regulatory matters such as GDPR, environmental legislation, Anti Bribery, Modern Slavery, GSCOP, MHRA, advertising.
• Maintaining a knowledge of and the ability to apply and advise on changes in broader legislation that affect the wholesale industry, including tobacco, HFSS, DRS and the sale of alcohol.
• Assisting with legal administration.
• Helping the business to remain compliant with its policies to maintain its ‘health, safe and legal’ approach.
To be a qualified lawyer or experienced paralegal with:
• 1 year+ PQE (or, for a paralegal, equivalent) ideally gained in the commercial sector, experience of working in house would be an advantage but is not essential.
• The ability to communicate across all areas and at all levels of the business, you will be someone who can tailor your advice to fit the needs of the business and apply common sense to achieve practical solutions.
• To be passionate, committed, hard-working and commercially minded.
• Excellent organisational skills which allow you to manage priorities with conflicting deadlines.
• Strong legal administrative skills, willing to manage all aspects of the role.
Shift Hours: 38 hrs per week (Monday to Friday)