- Log IT related queries onto the Help Desk database, providing the customer with reference and priority details.
- Prioritise Help Desk incidents depending upon business urgency.
- Resolve problems at 1st line where possible.
- Escalate issues to 2nd line support – Technical & Software support teams.
- Keep customer informed of incident progress at regular intervals.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Review logged incidents regularly, escalating matters accordingly.
- Update Help Desk incident information to maintain topicality at all times.
- Provide general (but limited) assistance to users in using internal systems and 3rd party supplied software packages (but not training).
- Answer telephone calls for Technical support and Help Desk teams, ensuring that queries are tackled efficiently by either transferring the call to a team member or logging details on the Help Desk incident database.
- Maintain user, reference and misc. other documentation as required.
- Administer user accounts i.e. setting up, altering, revoking and removing.
- Reset and/or unlock user accounts passwords as required and in accordance with department procedures.
- Report to management breaches in security as required.
Redrow Group Services