Salary: £24,496 to £38,296 per annum (Subject to experience/skills/ability)
F999 ICT Applications Engineer
£27,344 – £38,296 per annum. Full time, permanent contract. Welcome payment of 10% of salary available.
F1071 Trainee ICT Applications Engineer
£24,496 – £26,845 per annum. Full time, permanent contract.
We have some exciting opportunities for an ICT Applications Engineer or a Trainee ICT Applications Engineer to join our professional ICT Shared Services team, based at the Civic Centre in Pershore.
The ICT Shared Service team provide ICT development and support to over 800 staff across South Worcestershire. We provide ICT services to Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council, Wychavon District Council, and their partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our business applications development team on a full-time basis. You will play a key role within our large ICT Shared Service and will be part of a professional and motivated development and support section. Working with the team you will be required to develop software solutions and implement packaged solutions for our customers, subject to your experience, as well as provide support, help and advice where applicable. You may be required to help mentor others within the team and you will collaborate with others on larger projects.
- Second- and third-line support of business applications
- Development of interfaces between business applications
- Implementation of new business applications
- Development of automation of business application processes
- Manipulation of business application data
- Development of reports against business applications
Whether at the Trainee level the full Applications Engineer level, These are busy roles, which will require excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to react effectively to changing requirements. You will have experience of developing and/ or supporting business application(s), ideally in a local government environment and be able to demonstrate your ability to identify and implement system improvements, enhancements or changes to business processes.
With a good analytical mind and strong communication skills, you will be able to understand customer requirements and resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
You will need to have relevant and appropriate experience and be able to work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Ideally, you will have some knowledge and experience in supporting and / or developing in the following areas:
- Microsoft Products including SQL Server
- Reporting Tools, for example SSRS / Crystal / PowerBI
- Programing languages, for example .NET / PythonGis Applications, for example Postgres and Qgis
Please see the attached JDs for the requirements at Trainee Applications Engineer or Applications Engineer levels.
What we offer:
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
* Agile Working (40% minimum office based)
* Excellent pension scheme with 18% employer contributions
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Options to purchase additional annual leave
* Committed training programme and development opportunities
* Onsite Creche with 20% staff discount
* Discounted Gym and swim membership
* Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
* Free annual flu vaccinations
* Health and Wellbeing support
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Employee Discounts with a range of companies including EE and
* Kaarp discount scheme which provides a range of employee discounts for days out and holidays
For further information about these exciting opportunities, please contact Sarah Coathup, Applications Project Manager, on 01386 565296 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 18 June 2023
Interviews: 26 June 2023
Applications Engineer Job Description
Trainee Applications Engineer Job Description