Hinkley Point C with flexibility of working from home 2 days a week.
Are you a qualified engineer with experience of HVAC? Do you have experience in EPR or other nuclear projects? Are you looking to develop your expertise in the exciting and challenging environment of new nuclear build?
If so, join us as a HVAC Technical Lead and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC) we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
As a Technical Lead, you’ll oversee the technical impact assessment, coordination, production and monitoring of HVAC studies for HVAC systems in buildings.
This role sits within Edvance UK which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide. Spearhead of the French nuclear industry, it aims through its objectives and challenges of economic competitiveness and performance, to position itself sustainably in nuclear markets internationally and those of the renewal of the French fleet.
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome and is responsible for the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of building one of the largest, most complex projects in Europe.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary from £54,000, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assessing HVAC requests coming from building HR, HK, HL and HW that may impact HVAC discipline.
- Gathering all needed inputs for the answer.
- Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the HVAC, layout design and other contractors.
- Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification.
- Aeraulic calculation.
- Liaising with design RD Back-Offices and execution designer HK2721 when needed.
- Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts.
- Managing change process and OPM, acting as the JDO-DT Design Change coordinator and OPM coordinator for HVAC topic in his building.
- Reporting to the HVAC Discipline Lead achievements, progresses and difficulties and raising alerts on any aspects of the design when identified.
- Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of HVAC design packages to site.
- Anticipating and raising alerts on open technical points.
- Collecting and organising the lessons learnt.
- Being part of JDO-DT HVAC team, participating to Team meetings, sharing technical topics
- Managing and monitoring the modifications requested by the various engineering teams, contractors, and the client.
- Regularly carries out system engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Qualified to Degree Level and several years of experience in HVAC.
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects.
- Experience of nuclear site Engineering.
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks).
- Experience on 3D model visualisation for layout analysis.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general HVAC layout rules and HVAC system for a nuclear project.
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects.
- Experience in HVAC design or installation.
- Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes.
Closing Date: 2nd October 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.