Shift hours: Full Time
About the role!
At Sodexo, we are passionate about food and we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. To provide this excellent service, we have a team of passionate Food Service Assistants behind us, and we currently have a vacancy to join us at Shell Bacton gas Terminas
Being the first face many of our colleagues and visitors will see, you’ll be a role model when it comes to what great service will look like. You’ll have a flair for delicious beverages, assist with the preparation and serving of our vibrant menu and ensure that all working areas are kept clean and tidy.
A bit about you!
We want you to bring your great communication skills, strong teamwork ethos and your positive can-do attitude with you when you join us. Don’t forget your 5-star customer service too! Be exceptional in the moments that matter… customers will always remember how you made them feel.
It would be great if you had previous experience in a similar role, especially if you have barista experience! A good knowledge of food safety, including allergen awareness would be great!
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises so it is vital that you will champion this.
- Assist the chef manager in maintaining the catering operation on behalf of Sodexo for Shell client and customers.
- To work as part of a team ensuring high standards of cleaning service, customer satisfaction and contract retention. To comply with Sodexo procedures, Health and safety and all legislative requirements.
- Maximise customer satisfaction and help maintain a good working relationship with the site client representatives and customers.
- Participate in all appropriate training assigned to you by your line manager and the company.
- To be responsible for ordering materials, effective stock control mechanisms and collection of income in accordance with agreed policy
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the business and the Client organisation
- To ensure all current legislative requirements are met and appropriate systems are in place.
- To ensure service standards and deliver as customer focussed service as per Shell KPI. To also be responsible for determining and delivering remedial action where the satisfaction level has not achieved target.
- To ensure that cleaning and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Use of tills, cash handling and serving customers
- To ensure that proper care is exercised in handling, operating, safeguarding and maintaining equipment and appliances under the control of the cleaning services and maintain inventory records.
- To ensure all necessary steps are taken to ensure the security of accommodation, equipment, stock and monies within area of authority.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the scope of this role.
- It is essential that you have a pro-active attitude and can be flexible in relation to duties and working hours. The job also requires someone who can demonstrate that they have strong organisational and planning skills and have the ability to priorities and manage their time effectively
- The candidate must be able to work effectively without close supervision and must possess good organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly is seen as essential
Location: Shell Bacton Gas terminals, England