Salary: £9.50 Per Hour
Shift hours: Part Time
About the role
Hospital stays can be quite a stressful time for our patients and their loved ones, a simple smile and high quality meal can put a patient at ease and make all the difference!
At Sodexo, we are passionate about food and we place our patients at the heart of everything we do. To provide a great service, we have a team of passionate Food Service Assistants behind us and we currently have a vacancy for a Casual Food Service Assistant to join our great team!
You will be responsible for serving food and beverages to patients, customers and staff with due care and attention. You will also collect and wash up the dirty crockery and cutlery afterwards, always ensuring your work areas and kitchen areas are glistening!
A few things about you
This is a customer facing role so it’s important to have a positive, friendly attitude. You will work as part of a team and will need to have strong communication skills.
Experience working in a similar industry (i.e. food service, catering or hospitality) would be great, but generally customer service and food handling experience will tick the box!
A general knowledge of health and safety procedures is also required, with knowledge of basic food hygiene and cleaning.
As we are based on an NHS site, it will be mandatory for all new staff to evidence full COVID vaccination (before 01 April 2022) in line with Government requirements. Exemptions do apply.
- The distribution of menu folders
- Collect, wash, refill and distribute patient water jugs and glasses.
- To assist with the production of all meals necessary for the provision of patient service
- The regeneration of food in accordance with Food Hygiene Codes of Practice
- To plate and assemble patient meals accurately on tray for presentation to the patient
- Service of food to patients at designated times
- Check temperature of foods and record prior to service to patients.
- Ensure that any patient requiring a special diet is catered for.
- Monitor and report wastage levels of patient meals
- The preparation and service of hot and cold beverages at designated times throughout the day.
- Prepare and serve a range of snack to patients between meals or on an ad-hoc basis as instructed by nursing staff.
- The collection of cutlery and crockery following the patient meal
- The washing up of all crockery and cutlery items and storage of such items at ward level.
- Adherence to all legislation and policies relating to patient meal service.
- Maintain ward kitchens and equipment in a clean and hygienic manner.
- Ensure that ward issues are maintained to the agreed level.
- Place ad hoc food orders with catering via the help desk as required
- Ensure stock control and rotation procedures are maintained.
- Conduct meal service by attractive presentation adhering to any specific request
Location: Manchester, England