At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Fitter to join our team based at Maltby.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Site Manager the Fitter will work as part of the site team maintaining all plant equipment across the site to ensure all preventative and reactive maintenance is carried out to a high standard and in line with company procedures to maximise efficient productivity. You will also ensure all tasks are undertaken in accordance with company safety policy and completed in a timely and professional manner.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensuring plant equipment maintained to high standard and in a timely manner
- Developing a works plan and maintenance system
- Ensuring that the plant operates in a safe manner
- Making sure all work carried out and documented in line with company Health and Safety policies
- Assisting in accurate stock control of spares & components
- Taking a proactive approach to maintaining the plant
- Contributing to ensuring minimum requirement stock levels are always maintained
- The suitable candidate will also be required to conduct Operative duties.
The ideal candidate for the role of Fitter will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Fitter as well as possessing good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/4892