Salary: £21213.50 plus 287.75 per month London Weighting
Shift hours: Full Time
HMC/YOI Bronzefield are looking to recruit an Financial administrator to provide support to the department. As the Administrator, you will support the completion of on site vetting requirements to the required deadlines. This role may suit someone looking to start a career within HR administration.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
- Responsible for the day-to-day effective running of the finance department and collaboratively working with the other finance administrator in the team.
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned
- To provide support to team members in other departments in the wider business and flexibility to adapt to any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation as per the statutory and regulations requirements.
- To work closely and co-operate with colleagues in other areas to ensure the safe and smooth running of the prison.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Abide by the corporate strategic directions, Contract Delivery Indicators, MOJ/NOMS (Ministry of Justice) service specifications and all appropriate Regulations and Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that all information is stored accurately, updated when required and made available to those who require it in a timely manner.
- To answer and respond to telephone enquiries and correspondences within the required timeframes.
- To participate in training as required to keep up to date with all mandatory and refresher training.
- Ensure all Health and Safety arrangements are in place and expected controls adhered to as indicated by department Risk Assessments/SSOW (Safe Systems of Work
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- Relevant experience in a finance along with any relevant finance or administrative qualifications.
- Demonstrate good foundation of accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Be able to multitask and the ability to function well in a team and work under pressure.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and requires limited direct supervision and guidance.
- Be committed to personal development.
- Participate in training as required to keep up to date with all mandatory and company requirements.
- To undertake duties as required that will contribute to the effective operation of HMP & YOI Bronzefield.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook and Excel).
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Location: HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex (near Heathrow), England