What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for ensuring our digital customers are supported in the technical aspects of ordering, on-boarding, accessing and effectively using their online subscription services. Through responding to inbound customer phone calls, and emails, using the Zendesk ticketing system the Digital Support Assistant will provide advice and support through first line resolution or via internal escalation routes. You will also be required to analyse and review the behaviour of our online customers and suggest improvements to internal processes and systems, liaising as appropriate across Digital, Product Sales & Marketing and central Customer Service teams.
Who we are looking for
Someone with a passion for customer service and support together with an aptitude for understanding and communicating technical solutions to non-experts and an interest in education.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset, and our benefits reflect this:
- 28 annual leave days per year, increases to 29 days after 2 years’ service and goes up to 30 days after 5 years’ (+ bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension schemes
- Rent deposit loans
- 2 community days per year
- Summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months)
- Retail discounts through Hachette rewards
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Wide-ranging training library
- Development programmes (including mentoring)
- Up to 70% off book purchases
- A charity bookshelf
- 12 Staff-led employee networks that are voluntary, including Gender Balance, Thrive, Pride, All Together, Wellbeing and religious networks
- Season ticket loans
- And much more!
This role is based in our Didcot office, with a blend of in-office (minimum 3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
£24,380 (+ bonus +benefits)