Cambian group, is the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too. Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK.
We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.
Are you looking for the next step career as Deputy Manager within a Children’s Residential Home?
We are looking for strong leaders looking for the next step in their career to join our Childrens Residential Home senior team to work closely with children, young people and employees to deliver positive outcomes for our incredible children and staff.
Why not, come and be a part of a highly motivated, caring team who are looking for staff to work hard to maintain the high standards at a children’s residential home.
Up to £29,000 + approx. £1440 Sleep in allowance + Overtime paid at 1.5
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To meet the needs of children through:
· Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
· Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
· Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
· Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
· Assist in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
· To assist the Registered Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Statement of Purpose
· Contribute to the devising, implementing and evaluation of changes with the involvement of front line staff to continually improve services, systems and standards, in conjunction with the Registered Manager and the Senior Management team
· To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager
· To drive company vehicles – subject to policies and procedures
· To support on and off the rota to ensure adequate staffing according to the needs of young people
· To ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and financial records are accurately maintained
· To carry out all other reasonable tasks or directed by the Registered Manager.
· Secondary Education with good standard of literacy and numeracy
· NVQ 3 in caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
. Understanding of Ofsted framework (SCCIF)
· Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
· Team Building Skills
· Supervision Skills
· Ability to manage teams effectively
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to motivate and enthuse staff
In return you can expect the following benefits:
· Constant training and development
. Opportunity to obtain level 5 leadership & management
· Competitive salary
· Employee Discount Scheme
· DBS paid
Location: Tadcaster, LS24 9ST